The Jake McCarthy Foundation
The Jake McCarthy Foundation was started as a result of John and Barbara McCarthy from J P M Ceramics losing their son.
John and Barbara’s son; Jake was a 24 year old bright, talented, beautiful individual who lost his life to an
undiagnosed brain tumour, leaving his family devastated.
Jake was on holiday in Thailand with his brother and a friend when he suffered a seizure revealing a very large brain tumor. After emergency surgery to remove the tumor, Jake passed away on 24th December 2012.
Adamant that Jake’s death wouldn’t be in vein, his family decided to set up a foundation in his memory ‘The Jake McCarthy Foundation’.
Since 2013, The Jake McCarthy Foundation has raised around £300,000.00 through fundraising and numerous donations.
Previous fundraising events include:
- Ride for Jake 2015 – 13/06/15 – 90 people rode in support of the foundation
- Warwickshire Charity Golf Day with Sainsburys Ansty Park – 18/06/15 - teams played to help raise money for Brain Tumor Awareness
- Etape Eryri-226-mile cycle ride – 22/06/15 – A Team of 4 including jakes cousin cycled 226 miles to raise money for Jakes foundation, they raised around £1085.
Continuing their support for the foundation, upcoming events include:
- Runners in the Oxford Half marathon on October 9th
- In the process of organising a curry & pop quiz night
- In October they will start organising for next year's June cycle ride from Rothley to Norfolk.
For further information on this foundation, or to donate please visit www.justgiving.com/jakemccarthyfoundation